Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Yellow Stone

Driving in from Cody (East entrence) takes about 30mins.  This is one of the first view points overlooked lake Yellowstone

We saw some deer after leaving this vista
Probably the highlight of the day was soon to come however.  In between Fishing Bridge and Canyon Village there was a pack of Wolves!  I was disappointed with my camera and my ability to use it but the pictured are ok and like I said it was a highlight for me so of course Im going to include them.




The wolves were stalking some Bison that where all around.  Swore they were going to run into my car at one point

However we didn't see any more wildlife.  But the geysers and hot springs where really cool. 
The next stop was the Canyon Village


In between Canyon Village and Tower Falls


Tower Falls
\
Next stop was Mammoth Springs and the surrounding area
Midway Geyser Basin is located in the south area of the park.  Close to Old Faithful

Unfortunately my camera's battery died on our last sight.  Which was Old Faithful.  I was trying to speed shoot it to get individual shots but it quit after a couple shots :(